Thursday, November 01, 2007

NBA:
Hope people realize the NBA has clearly changed and alot more teams are trying to play the Pho Suns now. So be cautious thinking totals are high based on previous performances.


Suns @ Seattle:

Real big number . I thought that Seattle played better then expected for 3 quarters last night. I guess who didn't?? My point is we can expect alot of 4th quarter struggles from them due to youth and lack of go to scorer. As much as like Delonte West his sloppiness really killed my Sea play late with consecutive turnovers that led to fastbreaks when it was 12 pt game. After that blowout city! Anyway I think Nash and Amare could be at less then peak performance. His coach said that Amare is still working his way into shape so that MAY put a cap on his minutes( 18 and 25 minutes in his last 2 games). He looked excellent last 2 preseason games but there will be a helluva alot running here. So look for that factor. The second factor is regarding Steve Nash. Read this regarding Nash: "It will take him a couple of games to really get going," D'Antoni said, "then I expect him to have the same type of year he had the last couple."

Last nite despite being the higher altitude they didnt extend anyone beyond Damien Wilkins who played 35 minutes. The rest of the players played just enough about 30 minutes or less.

While some might dismiss this I like the fact that in a recent preseason game in British Columbia the Sonics beat Pho who starters all played at least 30 minutes. They were w/o Barbosa( brusied ribs) and Diaw though. Seattle didnt have Durant , lost Green in the 2nd Half but had Kurt Thomas. If Kurt Thomas plays here I really like this big fat DOG....It may be better to take SEA 1st H and fade the in 4th quarters...just an option to contemplate.....Also dont over look Barbosa bruised ribs..and the fact they have LA tmrw at home could play into the minutes some get tonite despite D'Antoni liking short rotations. Back to the prseason game for a moment. I think cause it was in British Columbia witha pro Suns and Nash crowd it was a tough enviroment and had more then an exhibtion feel. Just my feeling..

High total at 223...prefer the over still...

Detriot @ Miami :
Rip Hamilton and Dwayne Wade are OUT.


This goes back to that little article I posted yesterday where I tried to show how traders approached market perception in the financial world. Big reason why I saw value in Lakers and Pacers so far. Granted they were fairly lucky wins especially LAL. However the key is to make the proper decision and hope it all works when its over . This isnt handicapping its purely making a play based on situation and market perception..hopefully misperception.

Miami doesnt have a great #2 option outside of Shaq but I dont think DET has much of an answer for Shaq with McDyess in the middle. Also probably why DET is 1-7-1 L9 ATS vs Miami cause they really havent had an answer for Shaq. I love the commenst about how Ricky Davis respects Riley so much he wanted to play for him. Could we see a different Davis? The guy is capable of 25 points. Then you have a bunch of role players in JWill , Parker , Haslem , Dorrell Wright , even good ole Penny Hardaway...

So yeah I like another home dog that no one is counting on....

Not sure what I think about Houston and Utah yet....I wonder is everyone in love with Utah beating on an inferior opponent and is everyone down on Houston cause they remember they ATS loss rather the fact they led by dd's most of teh 2nd half.

No comments: