Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Well all I ahd a chance to play was the UNDER 3.5 runs for Colorado. Thought I would be home to see what Boston was before 1st pitch but wasnt. Anyway had a gut feeling and played it. Get this 1st Hr of the World Series Dustin Pedroia +1300 .

Well it happened. It was just a few bucks and a shot in the dark play but it hit at 13 to 1 !!!



Funny last nite after kicking myself for the horrible decision making process on Monday with Jax vs Indy I did something unlike me. I decided to look over the NHL card. Now I have dabbled in the NHL at times but I honestly couldnt tell you much if anything about the current NHL. When I did follow the NHL we are talking like 1994 -1996 seasons!! Okay. The point is I basically had every game pegged right. Somehow not sure how I did it. Anyway took a shot with a 4 team NHL parlay and hit it !! Over Anaheim , Over Toronto, Over Chicago and the Avalanche! This can be dangerous as I still know nothing about the NHL and find myself wanting to look at the matchups.

World Series Game 1 :

There are some factors to think about :

1- Rockies win 21 of 22 . My problem is they were a bunch of teams that didnt have much firepower. Dodgers 7-0 , SD 4-0 , Zona 6-1 and Philly 3-0. Okay Philly could hit but were thet flat after there tremendous comeback? See I think COL got a boost going into taht series from the play-in extra inning win vs SD. They had shitloads of momentum running into that series.

2-Which leads me to Boston momentum. Yeah its only 3 wins. It was THREE wins with there backs up against the wall done in IMPRESSIVE fashion. They outscored 30-5 and ebat the TRIBE's top 3 SP . Carmona and Sabathia where contenders for the Cy Young as well. So who has the momentum??

3- Jeff Francis and his 13 day layoff (10/11 last start) ? He was something like 8 days in his first NLCS start. So I would have to think he will be okay here. Colorado has had a good pen and all you ask for is 6 solid innings. Now I know we cant live in the world of make believe. However Francis was actually exceptional on the road this season. His 4.01 ERA is telling the wrong story. He made 18 starts away of which 14 were very solid. He had 4 awful outings away. The difference in the 14 good starts was a 2.09 ERA (6.2 innings in those starts).

4- Josh Beckett . Not many questions surrounding him. The classic power pitcher rising to the situation in the POSTSEASON. 13 earned runs in 62.2 postseason innings with 13bbs and 73 Ks.....He had 1 bad start this year vs Col all the other past ones were very solid.

5- The cool weather tends to mean less carry for the ball.

My view is COL is not hitting all that well this postseason. Relying on what got them here pitching and defense. Boston I dont think is hitting as well as the recent numbers bare out either. They got 8 bullshit runs off a worned down pen last game , they beat up Carmona who appears to have nothing left in the gas tank and they got 5 runs off the pen in Becketts last start.

How does COL break 3 runs here ??? How does Boston break 5 runs??? in 10 games Boston has allowed more then 3 runs on 3 occassions: the xtra inning slugfest (13) , the 7 run one inning outburst and the 4 runs off DiceK. During the Col 22 gm streak 3 times they allowed 4 , 5runs twice and more then that 3 times.

I think COL does have a legit shot in the series. There is value there for sure. However I think Game 1 everything is in place for BOS to succeed. I wont play the series yet. I think I may wait for tonite hope COL loses and then take Col in the SERIES. I always feel that when its seen as to high a price then the word value is taken out of the arguement. Beckett was -200 at home during the reg season vs Francis so why would it be any different now? The line is where it should be. There is NO VALUE in this line as far as it being priced wrong. Of course if you follow the logic Col is 21-1 last 22 then there is value but that is a different arguement.

While I dont see Boston ML as something worth playing. I do think Bos will be successful and with that they should hold COL to UNDER 3.5 runs. {lean towards Und 8.5 and Bos ML)

Good Luck....played Fla Panthers in NHL

No comments: