Friday, October 26, 2007

Crazy Night in College last nite. The way I see it I had VaTech / BC as a coin flip. I thought at home the would be able to pull it out. I said I didnt expect BC to score 20 points and they couldnt move the ball at all UNTIL the good ole prevent defense came into play. You see it time and time again. You thoroughly outplay ateam but look up on the scoreboard and see a tight affair. VaTech didnt put the bail in the coffin plain and simple. Ore was able to run like I thought. In the end VaTech didnt do enough...I expected 17 points from them and they didnt get there. I think Beamer took to much for granted. It happens the right play won and that was BC even with me on VaTech. The late game much of the same FG kicker misses his one in like 18 attempts and its a chip shot. Again thought the line was tight but figured AF would fall apart again in teh 4th quarter and lose. They did but NM didnt capitialize. Dont know why I didnt play the over. AF dosnt have a good defense and its tough to hold them to less then 20 points...the baseball total was great and really the game was as expected. The sick part continues to be the NHL. I seriously dont know a damn thing about the NHL but have a great pulse on it somehow. Leaned towards Under Grand Salami , Over Flyers and Edm +125 and they all freaking won!! I did finally cash with the UNDER @ LA. Its just insane to be able to pick winners in this sport. Hit a 4tm all NHL parlay and two more plays...so in a way I am 6-0 to date....worse is I am more like 18-2 if counted my leans! Yikes!!

No baseball , the usual full slate of CFB and NFL this weekend. Which I havent really looked at to indepth. Oh we have WAC football tonight!!

Boise State @ Fresno State :

Boise State is w/o Ian Johnson there stud RB but have a capable replacement. Here's my problem though its seems his absence is overlooked because of that. Since the NMST game the offense has picked up. However I would count NMST and Nevada especially on the road as two of the worst defenses in the country. LaTech isnt exactly known for defense either. So not overly impressed with this offensive really cause the better defenses havent seen gaudy numbers. You can say well it was early in the season and maybe thats part of it. I dont really think so...

On the other hand Boise State Defense which had been playing well showed some holes the past two weeks. Maybe some could be blamed on the youngster from Nevada being a dual threat and not having much game film on him. Last week it was really just a big play or two.

Nevada offensively is mostly about the running game with Brandsetter trying to move the chains and not turn it over. Think 6TDs and 3 Ints in 7 games. There defense is sound despite some inconsistencies. They rely on sound defense though and try to take advantage of decent field position to get big plays from the youngster Matthews.

So really what I am getting at is Fresno is lookingto play sound defense , control the clock and run the ball. The last couple meetings @ Fresno bewteen the two have been fairly low scoring. To me this has 27-24 type game written all over it. Now granted Fresno is coming of an odd shutout of SJST in which they allowed nearly 400 yards of offense. Even last season they went UNDER in 4 of 6 away with the only high scoring games being at Idaho and you guessed it NMST!!

So with Ian Johnson out I am leaning towards the home dog cause it means so much to this program to knock off a giant and they almost won @ A&M earlier. The other play I am on is UNDER 63 or 1st H under.....college I just hate to take full game UNDERS...For some reason I would compare Fresno State to Wyoming they just seem like similiar teams....

Be Back shortly maybe some NHL suggestions......GL

No comments: