Friday, October 27, 2006

Game #5 World Series

Really short on time an unprepared for a detailed discussion. from early on the week I liked Verlander in this spot and cant say exactly why. Probably cause I figured the line would wind up cheaper then it should be. Really this game shhould be -130 DET imo. Lets just remember that he was -190 at home versus Reyes who grades out as pricer SP then Weaver(probably 15 cents stronger).

From baseball standpoint I like that Verlander has worked on his mechanics and supposedly fixed a few things(ie: use his lower ody which is why his arm tired out but is supposedly good now). I like that peopel are overlooking how dynamic he can be calling for Rogers to start here....which would be the wrong decision in my book. To me if Verlander can get on his game then only Pujols scares me cause I dont like the STL lineup versus power arms. The other point is I think Weaver gets hit hard tonite. It sjust a feeling that I cant backup BUT the Tigers bats looked better last nite it was there defense that killed them. They hit Weaver in Game 1 scattering 9 hits and staistically he pitched better away. Also this is more pressure IMO and he could buckle. You get into STL long and middle relief and they aent that strong.

So without much logical or factual reasoning.....

PLAY:
Detriot Tigers -119 (4x)
Over 7.5 -114 (4x)

3 comments:

SportsNut {Mike} said...

IN-Game


Tigers +109 (2x)

Dont really like the OVER now....looking like a tight game

SportsNut {Mike} said...

Tigers +169(1x)

SportsNut {Mike} said...

also played Und 8.5 -147(2x)